“Draw me close. Closer than before. Closer than I ever been” -William McDowell
We are living in a time where we have to be plug to the source. Between Covid and the killing of our Black People…. It’s time we get closer to Him. It’s time we get serious with God. Ask him to protect us. Ask him to help us on this journey.
Here are some encouraging bible scriptures to help us on our daily journey.
1. “Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the LORD, And He will have compassion on him, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.” – Isaiah 55:6-7 (NIV)
2. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” – Matthew 11:27-28 (NIV)
3. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” – 2 Peter 3:9 (NIV)
4. “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.” – James 4:8 (NIV)
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde
Who are you? This is a question that most adults can not even answer.
Here are 4 tips that may help you discover who you are.
1. Stop Comparing Yourself To Others
Unfortunately we as humans tend to look at other people‘s life and wish we were them. Well guess what? We are not them. God made us all diffrent and one of a kind for a reason. Stop comparing your life to others. That is a big NO NO! Be yourself and LIVE YOUR LIFE! Don’t compare yourself to others.
This is the key for knowing who you are. You have to have confidence within yourself in order to identify yourself. Confidence is key with everything we do.
3. Stop Finding Self Identity In People/Things
Sweetie I’m sorry to tell you this but that relationship that you are in and that bottle that you are drinking is not going to help you find yourself! Stop the drinking and end that relationship. God is waiting for you and so is your identity.
4. Don’t Let No One Tell You Who You Are
This is the most IMPORTANT tip. People will try identify you and tell you who you are. Don’t let anyone tell you who you are. Know who you are for YOURSELF not OTHERS.
Hopefully these tips will assit you in discovering yourself. Please feel free to comment and share ideas with others. Remeber that God loves you and you are special to him.